Monday, January 13, 2014

A New Day

It is 2014 already!!  When I look back at when I posted my last blog, I can't believe how time has passed.  I know why I haven't written - I am married, have a 3-year old, I work full time, have extended family and friends.  Time is precious. We have to know what season we are in and where we should be putting our time.  Mine has been spent on people lately, not those online, on facebook, or on emails very much, but those in front of me.  2013 was a year of transition, and keeping peace in my heart and home was another full time job.  But 2013 is gone, and 2014 has come.  What will it hold?

Coming into this new year, the scripture that God laid on my heart is from Philippians:

"I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.
So let’s keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you’ll see it yet! Now that we’re on the right track, let’s stay on it."
- Philippians 3:13-16 (The Message)

It is a new day. A day to begin again. A day to put the past behind and walk in the new. Isn't that why Christ came? To give us the opportunity to walk with Him daily?  To give us the option to choose Him, to choose life, to choose to put the past behind and to press on and in to what He has for us?  To walk in His grace and fulfill what he has called us to do?  Sometimes we don't see where the path we walk is leading us, and that can be discouraging.  Sometimes the path has been so hard and the disappointments so great that we want to step away from the path.  But in His gentle, loving way, Christ calls us to continue.  He calls us to keep pressing toward the dreams He placed in our hearts.  God knew when He placed them there that we would need His strength to reach those dreams, to reach the places we never imagined we would be.

So today, look at Jesus, look at Him and know that you are whole, you are complete in Him.  You  have all you need.  And you can continue to press on, not because of how you feel, but because you can trust that Christ will give you all you need at just the right time.  So, I am writing again.  I am posting a blog entry.  I am reaching forward for where God is calling, and allowing Him to 'clear my blurred vision' that the cares of this world have brought in.



3 comments:

Donna said...

I love this - it just brought peace into my busy day. Thanks Jenn!

Grandma's Goodies said...

Thank you for reminding us that each day is important as it is a new day in Him.

Unknown said...

Jenn, this does bring peace, thanks for sharing! What an encouragement to press on in Him!